Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our little man!


Around June of 2006 we found out that life as we knew it was about to change forever! We found that we were expecting our first child. It was a very exciting time. While both of us had been around numerous babies in our lives, there is nothing like when it is your own. We were excited and a little nervous! Pregnancy was interesting to say the least! I felt our little man for the first time around 12-13 weeks. At first the doctor did not believe me, then I explained what I was feeling and she agreed with me. I knew then that we were in for it. Sure enough, as I got bigger it often felt like a whole gymnastics team was practicing inside my belly. We opted not to find out what we were having and on April 11th, 2007 a handsome baby boy entered out lives! Theron Joshua was 8 lbs 12 oz and 21.5 inches long. That day changed our lives for ever! We have loved and enjoyed this little man even more than we thought possible. Turns out the energy I felt during my pregnancy was only a sample of what was to come. I was always told that newborns sleep a lot. Not Theron, he thought that if he slept, he might miss something important! Theron was an awesome baby. He rarely cried and loved/loves to smile. He was an outside kid from the start. At 6 weeks old the best way to keep him happy was to take him outside to look at the trees. He just loved watching the breezes cut through the trees. He was in a hurry to get mobile, there seemed to be so much that he wanted to do. This little bundle of energy has blessed our lives in too many ways to count. He is now a happy and rambunctious nearly 3 year old. He loves life, sports, his sister, the outdoors and best of all DINOSAURS! He has 14 of them and knows the species of every one. I love helping him learn. He is easygoing and just a great joy. Of course he has his moments but overall is a very helpful, loving and fun toddler! We are so blessed to have him as a part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment