Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh the world of potty training.......


Seeing as Theron will be 3 come April 11th, we decided now was a good time to try potty training. We had let him play around at it before but he showed that at the time he really wasn't ready. I figured I would get some treats that he would really want (Dum Dum suckers) and we would just see where it went. I gave his one sucker to "get a taste". Sure enough he asked for more so I told him it would cost him a successful potty trip. To my astonishment, he earned 3 suckers in about 4 hours, each time he made sure his Sissy got a sucker too (sweet boy)! Things went really well for a week. In fact he would tell me he had to go and off we would run. On the second day he did not even bother asking for a reward anymore. He was quite proud of himself! He was a big boy like Daddy! Reagan of course had to be in on every bit of this. We cannot go into the bathroom without her. We ended up getting her her very own potty seat just so she would leave her brother alone to do his thing. She loves to sit on her potty and since we were already in there anyway, sometimes I let her sit on hers "nakey" too. In fact these days it is not at all unusual for her to wear a pair of her brothers underwear over her pants. Sunday she went to church with a pair of "Go Diego Go" underwear as bloomers under her dresss! I told you before, she has to be in on EVERYTHING that her brother does! I cross my fingers that this means she will PT soon too! Anyway, things were going awesome, then the kids got a stomach bug:P We decided it was too dangerous letting him run around in underwear with a "sick booty" (as Theron called it). Now all is back to normal so we are on round two of PT. This round is not going nearly as well as round one. We had more accidents yesterday that we did in the whole first week. I guess it is time to pull out the Dum Dums again. I dream of the days when a Costco visit does not include $80 in diapers and another $15 in wipes! Of course I will get these two out only to eventually have another and be back at square one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment